- Departure: 3 hours before the sunset
- Duration: 5-6 hours
- Difficulty grade: Intermediate
- This exciting excursion to Stromboli – San Vincenzo route will lead you to the top of the volcano.
- Departure from our info-point in Via Marina, SNC – 98050 Stromboli, next to Blunotte Bar.
- After a short briefing we will start our trekking leading us up to the height of 920masl will start.
- During the upward trekking of about three hours we will stop for 3, 4 intermediate pauses to enjoy the landscape.
- After arriving to the summit area, we will stop for about one hour to admire the spectacular “strombolian” activity of Stromboli summit craters.
- We will go back to the starting point crossing at first the Rina Grande scree slope and then the typical strombolian rushes. The descent lasts about 2 hours.
The ascent is not a short walk but a trekking suitable for people fit enough, there are steep stairs and parts of the route covered with volcanic sands and ashes, where it is quite difficult to proceed.
Available excursion with an exclusive private Guide (price upon request),Private agreements for agencies, tour-operators and groups.
THE EXCURSION INCLUDE
- Excursion guide
- Trekking pole
- Everything specified in the schedule
- Trekking boots* with high socks
- Headlamp flashlight* (one each)
- Extra t-shirt
- Pull and anorak (k-way)
- Backpack (10-20L)
- Water, at least 1.5L
- Snack and packed lunch
*Available rental in loco
No hiking activity is allowed after the third month of pregnancy for security reasons and physical integrity.
Heart disease, asthma and vertigo
All hiking activities at any altitude are not suitable for people suffering from these diseases, both for low altitudes and higher ones.
The use of contact lenses is forbidden during any excursions, above all for those leading up to summit area, due to the presence of volcanic ashes spread by the wind.
Changes of schedule
Excursions schedules are subject to changes or interruptions at the discretion of the guide if weather conditions, environmental causes, or volcanic risks can represent any source of danger.
Moreover, the guide has the authority to interrupt the excursion for any reason risking to compromise the safety and so the physical integrity of a single person or of the whole group.
(+ 5€ pp of local tax)
PRICE IN MAX 20 PAX GROUP