35€ (+ 50€ cable car ticket) per person • Max 20 pax group
- Departure h.9:30
- Duration: 6 hours
- Difficulty grade: Advanced
- Departure from our information desk in Crateri Silvestri restaurant service area.
- After a short briefing the excursion leading us up to the height of 3330masl will start.
With Etna cable car we will quickly gain height up to 2500masl and after, with special 4wd buses, we will go up to the height of 2900masl, near Torre del Filosofo (Tower of the Philosopher).
- During the ascent of about 2 hours we will stop for 2-3 intermediate pauses to enjoy the landscape.
- We will walk through moonscape lava fields which will lead us right under summit craters.
- With the last ascent trail we will reach the top of Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, where we can enjoy the peculiarity characterizing the summit area.
- Later on, we will go down along the north slope, towards the Vincenzo Bellini volcanological observatory.
- RAfter a well-deserved stop, we will keep on descending towards Piano Provenzana, end point of our incredible adventure.
Excursion suitable to excursionists with a good physical training, accustomed to walk in an adventure territory, so on sandy and rock debris ground, where there could be absence of trails and where some parts of the path could be exposed.
Excursion also possible for kids from 16 years of age.
Contact us for other information and availability
THE EXCURSION INCLUDE
- Excursion guide
- rekking pole
- Trekking shoes rental
- Everything specified in the schedule
- Trekking boots* with high socks
- Trekking pole*
- Rock helmet ( free rental)
- Extra t-shirt
- Long trousers (recommended)
- Pull and anorak (k-way)
- Backpack (10-20L)
- Zaino (10-20L)
- Gloves and hat (recommended)
- Sunglasses (recommended)
- Sun protection cream ( recommended )
- Water, at least 1.5L
- Snack and packed lunch
*Available rental in loco
In order to avoid risks, it is very important to be totally aware about oneself health conditions and to inform eventually your guide about them.
Here following some notes about safety.
No hiking activity is allowed after the third month of pregnancy for security reasons and physical integrity.
Heart disease, asthma and vertigo
All hiking activities at any altitude are not suitable for people suffering from these diseases, both for low altitudes and higher ones.
The use of contact lenses is forbidden during any excursions, above all for those leading up to summit area, due to the presence of volcanic ashes spread by the wind.
Changes of schedule
Excursions schedules are subject to changes or interruptions at the discretion of the guide if weather conditions, environmental causes, or volcanic risks can represent any source of danger.
Moreover, the guide has the authority to interrupt the excursion for any reason risking to compromise the safety and so the physical integrity of a single person or of the whole group.