Etna and Alcantara Gorges is the excursion to choose if you feel like visiting the main beauties of Europe’s highest active volcano in a single day.
The Etnean landscape in fact has the characteristic of being very varied and gives images of unique and sensational beauty, from the sea to the mountains to the rivers that flow from it.
Immersed in endemic greenery and as majestic as Mount Etna, the Alcantara River Gorges will welcome you between beauty and myth, making the tour an evocative and unforgettable experience.
Perfect for families with children, couples and groups, Etna and Alcantara is a complete excursion that will let you savor the atmosphere of the volcanic landscape with all its unique features and fascinating legends, passing through a lunch of typical products that will complete the experience.
Etna e Alcantara: details of the experience
Etna and Alcantara is a hike with an easy level of trekking on Etna and at the Alcantara Gorges, available in the period from April to November.
Its success depends on weather conditions, let’s see now all the stages of the hike:
- Pick up at your accommodation in Catania (free transfer)
- Arrival at an altitude of 2000 meters above sea level.
- Walk over the lava flows and extinct craters
- Lunch included at an Etnean refuge with typical Sicilian products
- Visit inside a lava flow cave
- Guided tour of the Alcantara Gorges
- Return to Catania by our vehicles